Last February I put together a list of Mostly Ridiculous Predictions for the Major League Baseball season when I was working at fanshots.com.
It was fun to put together and while we’re a month later this year, I’m gonna do it again!
- Bud Selig will say or do something so ridiculous that even the owners will wonder why he’s still the commissioner.
- There will be 4 no-hitters thrown (3 in the NL and 1 in the AL) during the season.
- Vegetarian (and extremely large dude) Prince Fielder will choke on a piece of raw broccoli and miss 4-7 games.
- There will be no 50 home run hitters in the big leagues.
- Baltimore will finish last in the AL East.
- Brian Wilson will shave his beard. I don’t know why, but he will.
- Stephen Strasburg will win 14 games and strike out 225+ hitters.
- 1 of the #2 Wild Card teams will get to the World Series.
- The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim will miss the playoffs.
- David Ortiz will not hit 30 home runs.
- The Toronto Blue Jays will finish the season with an 87 win and 75 loss season and miss the second Wild Card spot by 3 games.
- This Week in Baseball will remain one of my favourite TV shows of all-time. But it will still not be as good as it was when I was a kid.
- Brett Lawrie will be voted into the All-Star Game (campaign starts now Blue Jays fans).
- Derek Jeter will continue to slide.
- I will get to at least 10 games in person during the season.
- Someone will have a 3 home run game on Pink Bat/ Mothers Day.
- The Pirates will win 82 games.
- Ozzie Guillen will have at least one racially changed blow-up in Miami.
- AJ Burnett won’t be happy when he gets the bunt sign.
- I’m going to keep loving the game of baseball!
It’s going to be a fun season kids. Get your stuff ready!