One month from today I will turn 30. Yup, it’s going to happen. I’m not upset about it. I’ll wear as a badge of honor.
However, it has made me think a bunch. And it makes me wonder if I can come up with a list of 30 things about me that I can share with you all.
Some will be new to you, some won’t – that’s just the way the ball bounces.
- I love Shakespeare’s Hamlet – in fact I own 4 print copies and 2 DVDs
- 9 out of 10 times I will choose country music when given the choice
- I totally dig living in the Parkdale neighbourhood of Toronto
- I really like diet pop
- I love the Batman and as an adult have started reading and buying comic books
- I’ve got 1 tattoo and 1 piercing… I’d think about more ink, but no more holes
- I watched the world premier of High School Musical on the Family Channel
- I’m a decent cook
- Every year I ask for baseball or hockey cards for my birthday
- I love to eat
- I have self esteem, body image and superstition issues
- Molson Stock Ale is my #1 choice of beer in a bottle – largely b/c of nostalgia
- I would have Dave Grohl’s babies
- I first made money betting on sports (NFL football) in the 7th grade
- My first car accident was 13 years ago today – I was lucky to walk away
- As much as I dig the English language and words, I’m bad at Scrabble
- Dawson’s Creek is my fav TV series of all time
- The ballpark is my happy place
- I’ve written the first 30,000 words of a novel that I may never finish
- I’ve lived in Garden Hill, Port Hope, Welcome, Newcastle, Peterborough, Ottawa and Toronto
- I own a lot of chick flicks
- I’ve read and seen all of the Harry Potter series and none of the Twilight franchise
- 10 Things I Hate About You continues to be one of my fav movies
- My high school nickname was Murph
- I was co-Prime Minister of my high school
- I helped create the #xocoffee hash tag on Twitter along with Dan and Trish
- Also, I take my coffee black with a little sugar (just in case you wanted to buy me a cup)
- Seeing the Toronto Blue Jays head offices was one of the biggest highlights of my scholastic career
- I think the Green Arrow is the most under-rated member of the Justice League
- I was born February 21, 1982 in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
There we go. I did it. A list of 30 things about me. Want to know more? Ask!
Have a great day. Smile big. Be awesome.